REGIONAL SPECIFIC TOURIST GUIDE (RSTG)
(Malaysian Skill Certificate Level 3)
Akademi Hospitaliti & Pelancongan Saujana (SATT College) is the only recognized institution in Sarawak in conducting this course by Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahiran (JPK) and by Ministry of Tourism & Culture Malaysia (MOTAC) since 2013. Candidates completing this course will undergo written, oral and practical examination conducted by MOTAC upon which they will become a licensed regional tourist guide carrying the Gold Badge. This program was uniquely and tailored made for Sarawak region and specifically open to Sarawakian only.
The Tourist Guides’ roles as spell out under the Tourism Industry Act 1992 are to complement and support the efforts undertaken by the government in its tourism plans and policies, and by delivering the desired satisfaction to every tourist handled.
Authorities and Regulatory Bodies.
The regulatory bodies that license all tourist guides in Malaysia are the Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia.
In order to be licensed, one on the condition is to be a member of a recognized Tourist Guide Association.
Tourist Guide are also bound by the Code of Ethics of the Malaysian Tourist Guide Council.
Entry Requirement :
1. At least 6 passes in SPM or its equivalent e.g. SPMV, MCE, Chinese Senior Middle 3, GCE ‘O’ Level etc., and attain the age of 18 years old at the time of application, OR
2. Certificate in related field, diploma and degree obtained from any educational institutions which are recognized by Ministry of Education Malaysia, OR
3. Candidates who do not possess SPM or its equivalent but have 5 years experience in tourism or service related industry will considered, provided they pass an interview conducted by Ministry of Culture Arts Malaysian relevant tourist guide associations and attain the age of twenty three (23) yeas old and;
4. Must be physically and mentally fit Sarawakian.
Course Content :
1. Pre-Tour Arrangement
2. Tourist Safety and Emergency Handling
3. Tourist Arrival and Departure Services
4. Tour Itinerary Management
5. Tour Payment Arrangement
6. Tour Commentary Delivery
7. Region Tour Commentary delivery
8. Nature-Based Tour Commentary
8. Tour Group Management
9. Jungle-Based Tour Guiding
10. Karst Area Tour Guiding
11. Wildlife Observation Tour Guiding
12. Water-Based Tour Guiding
Program Fees :
- Registration & Administration RM400.00
- JPK Registration & Certification RM100.00
- Training Fees RM6,000.00
Total fees excludes cost of on-site practical training, study visits organized by trainers and practical & written examination conducted by Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia (MOTAC)
Mode Of Studies ( Part Time )
- 8.00pm until 11.00pm (Tue, Wed & Thurs)
- 8.00am until 6.00pm (Saturday & Sunday) * Nature site activities may involve 3D 2N itinerary
- Total contact hours : 500 hours
- Mode of delivery : English & Bahasa Malaysia
- Perbadanan Tabung Pembangunan Kemahiran (PTPK) for individual candidates.
- Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF) for company sending their employees.
For further information please contact us at :
SATT College (Marketing)
- 082-234581, 242584
RSTG trip to Nanga Kesit, Sri Aman.